Five Minute Friday: Same

It has been too long since I got to do Five Minute Friday and I have been missing it!  To find out more about Five Minute Friday, check out Kate Motaung.

So, without further ado, let's start the timer!

I'm not the same as I used to be.

 About eight years ago or more I underwent a drastic change.  I found out that I was a sinner, guilty before my Righteous Holy Creator and that I was worthy of punishment.  I also discovered that my Creator had sent His Son to this earth to die and take the punishment that I should receive and that if I would put my trust in Him and repent of the wrongs I had committed against Him, I could have forgiveness, mercy without charge.  Now things are completely different. 

I'm still the same me, but I'm also so different.

"What has changed?" you ask. I still have the same blonde hair, the same chubby cheeks, but inside my heart, Jesus, the Son of God, is King and reigns.  Therefore, I'm not the same as I was. 

What He desires for my life is good and I have begun to desire those things, too.  What He deserves is right; I have begun to want to give Him what He is worthy of. 

He has changed me.  Like a caterpillar turns into a butterfly over time and is still the same insect, but completely different, I have been made new and beautiful by the King of Glory.  And anyone who wants this transformation can receive it, too! 

Stop.

Comments

  1. Yes, being found by God and turning to him is the biggest change ever. Nothing stays the same. I appreciate how you focus on what God does change in us... we are not the same. I wrote about the frustration of feeling like we're not seeing enough change - a new tension and desire in us for heaven on earth. Two sides of the same coin, I guess. Thanks for joining FMF this week - it's been a few weeks since I pitched in too... always good to connect.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: Here

Five Minute Friday: Protect

Five Minute Friday: Free