Write 31: Honor

 1 Timothy 5:17, "Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine."
1 Thessalonians 5:12-13, "And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves." 

{Start.}

The word honorable can go in so many directions, but what I think of now in this month of October, is how much honor is due my pastors.  This is Pastor Appreciation month, the time we typically take at our church to express gratitude and love to our godly leaders.  It shouldn't be just a one-time-a-year thing, though.  My pastors are so worthy of honor for all the love and hard work they have put into the ministry God has given them.
  Bro. Earl is so dear to our family.  He has patiently, lovingly lead and taught the flock of God for years now and how much I want to bless him!  How I want him to continue on and be encouraged and not burn out!
  Bro. Nick, still new to Victory Road in my mind, is likewise worthy of honor.  He has jumped into the tasks handed him by Bro. Earl and the church as a whole, has adapted to this new area, bringing his family from far away, and has handled so many situations with such grace.  Now our Sunday School teacher, I get to see firsthand just a few of the sticky situations he has to moderate as different temperaments and personalities combine for a meaningful time in the word of God.  How much I want for him and Lydia and their little ones!
Then there are my former pastors.  I can't forget dear Bro. Mike now serving the Lord in a far away country as faithful there as he was here.  I miss him still, but am thankful for the Lord using him to reach another people in desperate need of the Gospel.
These pastors and so many need to have the prayers of God's people lifting them up.  

{Stop.}

Especially at a time when we're seeing so many spiritual leaders falling, I must be willing to humble myself before Almighty God on their behalf that they may be able to stand.  My pastors are not the only ones who need such prayers, but pastors across the globe do, too!  May I be unselfish in the use of my moments and take the time to intercede on the behalf of those who desire to handle the Word of God righteously and are indeed worthy of honor!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: Here

Five Minute Friday: Protect

Five Minute Friday: Find