Five Minute Friday: Beauty


Wow. It has just been too long since I wrote on my little think-space. All the thoughts & experiences & feelings that have occurred & are occurring my life & my head are certainly too much to try to put into one post or even a series of posts. Yet, Friday is the day to write, & since I haven't in so long, now's the time. Especially with such a fabulous, inspiring word as Beauty is.

Start. 

I wish I could adequately describe the beauty that I experienced today.  I had a quiet drive down the backroads of my lovely Southern state.  Very few cars, very few houses, just the woods silently growing & swaying in the early spring loveliness.


A controlled burn has blackened the piney woods & reddened the underbrush in what they might imagine (if trees could imagine) would be the death of them. But it won't be.  The painful searing will be what ultimately saves them.  The wood-boring bugs & the twining vines will be kept at bay by the flames of purification.  Even now, already, sweet little sprouts of green band together, lacing their leaflets to create a carpet to cover up the foreboding burnt blackness.  
  


I drove on. I could not stop.  Work awaited me at a quiet clinic in a quiet town.  


The clinic is bordered in the front by beautiful Bradford pears, all aglow in bridal-like attire. My phone was very much appreciated as I attempted to capture the wonder those God-created beauties whispered into my heart.  


The day was too lovely.  Even though the clouds signaled a coming shower, I could not help but thrill with the brooding weather.  


On the way home, I stopped my car to take numerous pictures.  


Old barns, clouds, woods. 



The sunshine of one shoot was swallowed up in a downpour just a few miles down the road. 


But I didn't care, the day was too gorgeous to let any of the views not be beautiful. 

Stop. 

Comments

  1. I live in Maine, your pictures of green growth has me so wanting spring to come soon!! I can not wait to see the blossoms on our apple trees, I love the pictures of the pear trees. I love just being able to drive around and taking pictures of God's beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are lovely. I love finding the beauty around me. You make me want to take a drive in the woods. :)

    Visiting from FMF #61
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: Here

Five Minute Friday: Protect

Five Minute Friday: Free