Five Minute Friday: Rest

After many weeks of inactivity, I rejoin my FMF fellow-writers for some words on Rest....
Start:
  My body is weary, my eyes are heavy.  I've gotten in bed too late two nights in a row and it's my own fault. 
  But I was just having too much fun with my dear friends and cousins during our back-to-back sleepover parties as we try to get in as much visiting as possible before they have to return to their home.  
  Yes, my physical self is weary and it makes my heart problems worse, too.  
  No, I don't have a medical condition you should be concerned about.  I just have some of the woes and problems brought on from living in a sin-tainted world.  
  I'm weary with a nine-month long inner struggle over a particular matter, an emotional roller coaster that has had me laughing and crying repeatedly.  I've been pained over it and blessed by it and have no idea what my part is to do with it now!
  I keep turning to friends or family members talking about it, foolishly hoping that, by voicing my thoughts and frustrations, something will budge, click, pop into place! etc. 
  Ridiculousness! 
  All this time, maybe all my Heavenly Father has been trying to teach me is to rest in Him and wait patiently for Him to work something more amazing than I can imagine!  
  You see, I was reading in Isaiah the other day and it didn't dawn on me until today how that I have been exactly like the people who were given the message, but not listening to the words. It struck me: Have I been biting the hand that has been feeding me? or have I, as I ought, been kissing the hand that is beating me?  
  Friends, the Lord corrects and instructs in the best and most loving way.  
  It is not always fun.  Sometimes it's painful; but, when He "spanks" His children, it is so we will turn to Him and love and trust Him more.  
  LORD, help me to learn more fully to rest in Thee about the matters my heart struggles over tonight. 
End.

 "For the people turneth not unto him that smiteth them, neither do they seek the LORD of hosts" (Isaiah 9.13).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: Here

Five Minute Friday: Protect

Five Minute Friday: Find